Author: Nic
Location: Floreana Island, Galapagos
The day started at 6:15 AM when we had to wake up. I dragged myself to the boat expecting a short ride. The driver then told us that the drive to Floreana would be 2 hours. I then decided I would be very mad if it was not worth it... Luckily, it was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to, and I did not care how long the boat ride had been. When we first arrived we immediately saw many different animals. Some of my favorites were the marine iguanas, blue footed boobies, and the penguins. We then packed into a truck that took us through rapidly changing landscape to almost the other side of the island. There we saw possibly one of the most exciting things I have ever seen: Giant land turtles eating passion fruit. We then continued our hike up to the top of a mountain to a view much more beautiful than most. After walking through strange, natural, 10 foot tall rock corridors, we took the truck back to go snorkeling. One of the most amazing things about the Galapagos is that the animals are not scared of humans, meaning that sea lions rubbed up against me, I swam next to a large turtle, and was circled by a penguin! The Galapagos are so unique because things like this do not happen in other places. I am very happy to be here and can't wait for what I will experience next.
Flickr Photos from Today
Flickr Photos from this Voyage
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment