Author: Allison
Location: Santa Cruz to San Cristobal
Sorry this was so late, but unfortunately I got sick, so now that I am all better, here I am writing this blog. Here is to all the parents, who let their children go on an amazing vacation to Ecuador and to the exquisite Galapagos Islands. So thank you all.
Today was great!!! We went snorkeling in Santa Fe, and got to swim with the sea lions. They were adorable and loved to play. One, which I named Walrus, would not let me go. He would grab onto my foot and sometimes pull or nibble on my foot. Don't worry this was just for play, it did not hurt. When it was time for the boat to leave and head on our next adventure, the sea lion would grab my foot and pull me back. It truly was an incredible experience.
After, we left for "Kicker Rock." It is hard to describe, but it was absolutely beautiful. It was as tall, as a glacier from the ice age, but in a rock formation. I cannot begin to tell you, how unbelievable this was. I am still in "aw."
Later on, we all headed to the next hotel. It is nice!!! It has a swimming pool, its about a fifteen minute walk to the beach. That's not important, however, the team leaders (Kelly, Dan, Sam, and Roberto) decided it was a transfer/relax day. Everyone needed one of those. It is hard work for doing community work, and is worth it, but everyone needs a day to themselves. Some people, including myself, stayed back at the hotel and read or slept. But some others had the energy for walking, swimming, then walking again.
I got to go, we are about to have a group meeting, thanks for reading! We will be sure to keep you up-dated!!!
Ta Ta For Now
Flickr Photos from Today
Flickr Photos from this Voyage
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment