Sunday, July 12, 2009

Beautiful Quito!

Author: Rafaela and Alli
Location: Quito
Today was awesome! We had to wake up early, around 7ish. We ate breakfast in the hostel. We got to make our own hot coco and toast. They made us some fresh juice, but we had no clue what we were drinking, but it was really good. We all got jammed packed on the bus, funny thing is there's only 20 of us on a 60 person bus. We sat next to each other, and it was the beginning of great friendships. Together as a group we went to a park and played games to get to know one another all morning. It was a really great way to meet everybody because now we have all become really close. For example: Rafaela=mommy and Alli=baby.

An example of a game we played was Rafaela got blindfolded and had to find a bandana that was hidden in the bushes. Everyone had to help her out to find it. We ate an interesting lunch. Alli didn't like the meat, typical. We had really yummy plantain chips. We ate basicaly the whole bag ourselves.

After lunch we then jam packed ourselves back on the bus and were off to see one big church. It was really cool because we got to climb up the towers and all the way to the top, it was an amazing view. Then we got to walk around in the old city of Quito. We also went to a completely gold church, which was sick.

We also got to see where the president lives. They had two guards outside, like the Queen of England. We all went up to them and told jokes until they cracked. One even slipped us a high-five.

We came back to the hostel and had some free time. After we went out to dinner at a Mongolian BBQ resturant. It was really yummy and all you can eat, which was a plus. You had to go up to the food, grab a plate and put everything you wanted on it, including raw meat, and they cooked it for you.

When we came back to the hostel we wrote in our journals and bonded some more. We were jumping on our bed and Alli somehow managed to hit the roof and make it crack. After that we decided it would would be fun to bother our counselor, ROBERTO! (roll the R). We jumped on his bed until Kelly, our other counselor, told us to write the blog.

Now here we are writing this blog. We're sitting in the place were we eat. Kelly's behind us fixing her camera. She just heard that and said "you guys are really giving a play by play." But isn't that what were supposed to do? Well we're going to go blast music, sing at the top of our lungs, dance, and finally put aloe on our sunburn.

Rafi: Mom, Dad, Jacquelyn, Isabel, and Nicole,

I love and miss you guys very much! I am having an amazing time here in Ecuador and can't wait to tell you all about it. I have made so many friends and I know this trip will be a once in a lifetime experience. Thanks for sending me. I love you.

Alli: Mommy, Daddy, Ryan, Erin, Bryn, Nanny, and Poppy,

I'm having a blast here. I have already made so many friends. I didn't expect Ecuador to be this cool of a place. I have many stories for all of you already. We're leaving for the Galapagos tomorrow morning, and I really can't wait. I love and miss you all so much and I'm thinking about everyone of you everyday. I love you :)
Flickr Photos from Today
Flickr Photos from this Voyage

No comments:

Post a Comment